We recommend following all the guidelines set forth by state and federal officials and always seeking care through your primary care system if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19. Please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a reliable source of information. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
To optimize a healthy immune system in adults, please consider the following supplements (These supplements are available on our online store Fullscript):
- Powdered Vitamin C at 1000-2000 mg 2x/day (powder is more quickly absorbed.
- Probiotics daily and eating fermented foods to promote a healthy gut microbiome inside and out.
- Avoid eating sugar and drinking alcohol as these have a negative impact on immune function.
- Medicinal mushrooms, particularly Lion’s Mane.
- Take melatonin 1-5 mg nightly if over age 60.
- Take immunoglobulins like Ortho Molecular Products SBI Protect or IgG Protect 1 scoop daily.
What to do after exposure or start of symptoms (if not severely ill):
- Monolauren 1-2 caps twice daily.
- Zinc 25-30 mg per day with food or using the zinc cough drops Do not exceed 75 mg of zinc per day. Zinc helps to reduce the replication of the virus.
- Continue Vitamin C because it has been shown to break up mucus in the lungs and help with recovery.
Take the following measures to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Practice social distancing (just stay home if you can). Please see this very informative article with graphicshttps://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/
- Wash your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. When possible, use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Disinfect your individual work surfaces daily.
- Limit food sharing.
- Stay home if you are sick.